Important to know
An ordinary private visa is issued to the citizens of Hungary, citizens of other countries and persons without citizenship for an entry into the Russian Federation for a guest visit based on:
- A Federal Migration Service of the Russian Federation (Russian FMS) invitation, based on a request from a citizen of the Russian Federation, a foreign citizen with a Russian Federation residence permit or a legal entity;
- A written application of a Russian citizen to the Head of a Consular institution for a joint entry into the Russian Federation with family members, who are foreign citizens;
- A notarized written request of a citizen of the European __UNION__ who is legally residing in the Russian Federation and is inviting close relatives.
An ordinary private visa may also be issued in connection with a necessity of an entry into the Russian Federation for urgent treatment or due to a serious illness or a death of a close relative if one has the documents confirming the necessity of urgent treatment, a serious illness or a death of a close relative.
A private visa is issued for a period up to 90 days and may be single- or double-entry.
Please note! A medical insurance policy must contain:
- a contract date;
- a policy number;
- first name, last name and father’s name of a policy holder;
- details of the insurer;
- a policy must be valid during the whole stay in the Russian Federation in case of a single- or double-entry visa, and during the period of the first travel in case of a multiple-entry visa;
- a list of medical and medical transportation services including repatriation of remains;
- the coverage territory – the whole world or the Russian Federation; Europe, including Russia;
- a signature of the insurer.
Insurance policies, letters of confirmation from insurance organizations not containing the above-mentioned information, set forms with stamps of insurance companies and other insurance documents not fulfilling the indicated requirements are not considered.
For the persons, visiting military or civilian burial sites, it is necessary to submit the following documents (*According to the Agreement between the Russian Federation and the European Community on the facilitation of the issuance of visas to the citizens of the Russian Federation and EU):
- An original or a stamped and signed copy of a document, confirming the existence of the burial site. The document must be issued by a Russian government agency or the organization “Red Cross”;
- An original or a copy of a document, confirming the kinship (the lineal consanguinity*) of an applicant and the buried. *Relatives with the lineal consanguinity are parents, children, grandchildren, spouses, grandparents, siblings;
- Usually short-term private visas valid for up to 14 days are issued tor the persons visiting military and civilian burial sites.
An ordinary private visa may be issued to a foreign citizen in connection with the necessity of an entry into the Russian federation for urgent treatment, due to a serious illness or a death of a close relative, based on a decision of the Ambassador of the Russian Federation or Consul-General of the Russian Federation due to a written request of a foreign citizen.
The following documents are to be included to a request:
- a written confirmation from a Russian medical institution issued on an official letterhead (stamped) indicating the necessity of emergency medical care, an emergent hospitalization, an emergent examination or a serious illness of a person that is being visited requiring constant care.
- or a death certificate of a citizen – the applicant‘s close relative (close relatives are taken to be spouses, children, parents, including parents-in-law, if a spouse is an accompanying person, siblings);
- or an international telegraph message indicating the death of a citizen certified by an official from the institution of communication;
- a document confirming immediate relationship of an applicant and a person to be visited, immediate relationship of an applicant and the deceased.
For the application for an ordinary single- or double-entry private visa one must submit: :
- The invitation for an entry into the Russian Federation, issued by the Federal migration service of the Russian Federation; Or
- A written application of a Russian citizen to the Head of a consular institution for a joint entry into the Russian Federation with family members, who are foreign citizen;
Application for a submission of documents in the Russian Visa Office in Debrecen
The following documents must be added to this application:
- A copy of the international passport of an applicant;
- The documents confirming the kinship of an applicant (birth certificate of a child of minority of age or marriage certificate).
- A notarized written request of a citizen of European __UNION__ who is legally residing in the Russian Federation and is inviting close relatives* – spouses, children, parents, grandparents, grandchildren. The lawful residence must be proven by providing a copy of the documents clarifying the status, such as a resident permit, a temporary residence permit, a student or a work visa enclosed to the request.;
*The degree of kinship must be confirmed by providing the appropriate certificates of the Office of civil registration or equivalent documents issued in foreign countries. In case of the grandparents’ or grandchildren’s requests two copies of the appropriate certificates of the Office of civil registration or equivalent documents issued in foreign countries that confirm the lineal consanguinity of the persons in question must be provided.
- A passport with no less than 2 empty pages for visas, valid for 6 months from the visa expiry date;
- A visa application form filled in on the website visa.kdmid.ru, printed and signed personally by the applicant;
(When choosing the location where you will be applying for your visa it is necessary to indicate the Visa Office, where you are planning to submit the documents).
The Russian Visa center can complete a visa application on your behalf.
- A colour photography 3.5x4.5 cm with a light background with a clear frontal view of the full face without tinted glasses or a headwear (except for the persons who in accordance with their nationality or religious beliefs are depicted with a headwear on their passport photography). At the Russian visa center in Budapest you may ask for the additional service “Express Photo”;
- A medical insurance policy valid on the territory of the Russian Federation and during the validity of the visa, except for the mutual insurance cases..
Please note! A consular institution reserves a right to request additional documents for a visa application, invite for an interview or extend the duration of a visa processing.
The consular and the service fee may be paid in the Visa Office.
Please note! If you are not a citizen of Hungary, you must also submit:
1. A permit for a continuous stay in Hungary for more than 90 days for citizens of the following countries: Albania, Bahrain, Egypt, Equatorial Guinea, Haiti, Ireland, Japan, Lesotho, Libya, Macedonia, Mali, Mexico, New Zealand, Oman, Republic of Korea, Republic of South Africa, Saudi Arabia, Sierra Leone, United Arab Emirates, United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland, Venezuela.
Depending on the national legislation the following documents may serve as a confirmation of a continuous stay for more than 90 days in Hungary: a student or a work visa, a working permit, a temporary residence permit, and a temporary resident card.
2. A Hungary Permanent Resident Card or another equivalent document for citizens of the following countries: Afghanistan, Algeria, Angola, Bangladesh, Chad, China, DPRK, Ethiopia, Georgia, India, Iran, Iraq, Nepal, Nigeria, Pakistan, Rwanda, Somalia, Sri Lanka, Syria, Vietnam.
Fees and time schedules
For the citizens of Hungary and European Union
|Processing Wait Time||Consular Fee||Service Fee||Total (incl. VAT)||Additional Services|
by courier *
|4-10 business days||11025 HUF||8000 HUF||19025 HUF||+5000 HUF|
|1-3 business days||22050 HUF||8000 HUF||30050 HUF||+5000 HUF|
*For detailed information and courier delivery terms and conditions click here
Visa processing times are set by the Russian Consulate and vary depending on the type of invitation. In certain cases, visa processing times may be altered at the discretion of the Consulate.
According to the Agreement between the Russian Federation and the European Community on the facilitation of the issuance of visas to the citizens of the Russian Federation and European Union in a number of cases based on the category of the applicant and the purpose of travel, a humanitarian visa may be issued without paying the consular fee.
Please note! If you are a person without citizenship or you are not a citizen of Hungary or European Union, please specify the cost of your visa by contacting an operator of the call-centre.
The visa processing fees and time schedules for citizens of other countries and persons without citizenship are calculated according to the “Consular fees of the consular institutions of the Russian Federation”.
A transfer or a restoration of a visa regardless of citizenship
|Consular Fee||Service Fee||
|11025 HUF||8000 HUF||19025 HUF|
Please note! Before submitting the documents for a transfer or a restoration of a visa, please consult an operator of the call-centre regarding the procedure, the documents list and the period of a consideration.
To fill in an application form
To fill in an application form go to the website visa.kdmid.ru
Filling in the application form
In the Russian Visa Office you can use a service of having the application form filled in. A fee for the service is added to the service fee and is 1500 forints. One may request this service during the submission of the documents for the visa processing.
The Russian Visa Center offers its clients the following additional services:
Important to know!
- Requesting any of the aforementioned services does not affect the visa review time at the Consular level, and does not guarantee the approval of the visa.
- The cost of any selected services is in addition to the standard service fee.
- All aforementioned services are provided at the voluntary request of the applicant.
- Please familiarize yourself with all terms and conditions of the selected services prior to requesting them.