Important to know
A humanitarian visa is issued to the citizens of Hungary, citizens of other countries and persons without citizenship for an entry into the Russian Federation with a purpose of establishing, renewing and strengthening scientific, cultural, social and political relations, for sporting activities, a religious and charity work as well as the humanitarian aid delivery.
It is issued based on an invitation issued by the Federal Migration service of the Russian Federation (Russian FMS) or a written request from a host organization or institution; it may also be based on the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the Russian Federation decision (Russian MFA).
A humanitarian visa can be single- or double-entry, valid for up to 90 days, or multiple-entry, valid for up to 1 year (except if otherwise provided in an international agreement of the Russian Federation).
Please note! The period of stay in the Russian Federation with an ordinary multiple-entry humanitarian visa may not exceed 90 days for each 180 days period.
Please note! A medical insurance policy must contain:
- a contract date;
- a policy number;
- first name, last name and father’s name of a policy holder;
- details of the insurer;
- a policy must be valid during the whole stay in the Russian Federation in case of a single- or double-entry visa, and during the period of the first travel in case of a multiple-entry visa;
- a list of medical and medical transportation services including repatriation of remains;
- the coverage territory – the whole world or the Russian Federation; Europe, including Russia;
- a signature of the insurer.
Insurance policies, letters of confirmation from insurance organizations not containing the above-mentioned information, set forms with stamps of insurance companies and other insurance documents not fulfilling the indicated requirements are not considered.
In order to apply for an ordinary single-, double- or multiple-entry humanitarian visa one must submit:
- The invitation for an entry into the Russian Federation, issued by the Federal migration service of the Russian Federation; Or
- The Russian Federation Ministry of Foreign Affairs decision to issue a visa; Or
- A written request from a host organization or institution;
- A passport with no less than 2 empty pages for visas, valid for 6 months from the visa validity expiry date;
- A visa application form filled in on the website visa.kdmid.ru, printed and signed personally by the applicant;
(When choosing the location where you will be applying for your visa it is necessary to indicate the Visa Office, where you are planning to submit the documents).
The Russian Visa center can complete a visa application on your behalf.
- A colour photography 3.5x4.5 cm with a light background with a clear frontal view of the full face without tinted glasses or a headwear (except for the persons who in accordance with their nationality or religious beliefs are depicted with a headwear on their passport photography). At the Russian visa center in Budapest you may ask for the additional service “Express Photo”;
- A medical insurance policy valid on the territory of the Russian Federation and during the validity of the visa, except for the mutual insurance cases.
Please note! A consular institution reserves a right to request additional documents for a visa application, invite for an interview or extend the duration of a visa processing.
The consular and the service fee may be paid in the Visa Office.
Please note! If you are not a citizen of Hungary, you must also submit:
1. A permit for a continuous stay in Hungary for more than 90 days for citizens of the following countries: Albania, Bahrain, Egypt, Equatorial Guinea, Haiti, Ireland, Japan, Lesotho, Libya, Macedonia, Mali, Mexico, New Zealand, Oman, Republic of Korea, Republic of South Africa, Saudi Arabia, Sierra Leone, United Arab Emirates, United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland, Venezuela.
Depending on the national legislation the following documents may serve as a confirmation of a continuous stay for more than 90 days in Hungary: a student or a work visa, a working permit, a temporary residence permit, and a temporary resident card.
2. A Hungary Permanent Resident Card or another equivalent document for citizens of the following countries: Afghanistan, Algeria, Angola, Bangladesh, Chad, China, DPRK, Ethiopia, Georgia, India, Iran, Iraq, Nepal, Nigeria, Pakistan, Rwanda, Somalia, Sri Lanka, Syria, Vietnam.
Fees and time schedules
For the citizens of Hungary and European Union
|Processing Wait Time||Consular Fee||Service Fee||Total (incl. VAT)||Additional Services|
|Single, double or multiple entry visa||Delivery
by courier *
|4-10 business days||11025 HUF||8000 HUF||19025 HUF||+5000 HUF|
|1-3 business days||22050 HUF||8000 HUF||30050 HUF||+5000 HUF|
*For detailed information and courier delivery terms and conditions click here
Visa processing times are set by the Russian Consulate and vary depending on the type of invitation. In certain cases, visa processing times may be altered at the discretion of the Consulate.
According to the Agreement between the Russian Federation and the European Community on the facilitation of the issuance of visas to the citizens of the Russian Federation and EuropeanUnion in a number of cases based on the category of the applicant and the purpose of travel, a humanitarian visa may be issued without paying the consular fee.
Please note! If you are a person without citizenship or you are not a citizen of Hungary or European Union, please specify the cost of your visa by contacting an operator of the call-centre.
The visa processing fees and time schedules for citizens of other countries and persons without citizenship are calculated according to the “Consular fees of the consular institutions of the Russian Federation”.
A transfer or a restoration of a visa regardless of citizenship
|Consular Fee||Service Fee||
|11025 HUF||8000 HUF||19025 HUF|
Please note! Before submitting the documents for a transfer or a restoration of a visa, please consult an operator of the call-centre regarding the procedure, the documents list and the period of a consideration.
To fill in an application form
To fill in an application form go to the website visa.kdmid.ru
Filling in the application form
In the Russian Visa Office you can use a service of having the application form filled in. A fee for the service is added to the service fee and is 1500 forints. One may request this service during the submission of the documents for the visa processing.
The Russian Visa Center offers its clients the following additional services:
Important to know!
- Requesting any of the aforementioned services does not affect the visa review time at the Consular level, and does not guarantee the approval of the visa.
- The cost of any selected services is in addition to the standard service fee.
- All aforementioned services are provided at the voluntary request of the applicant.
- Please familiarize yourself with all terms and conditions of the selected services prior to requesting them.