Important to know
An ordinary business visa is issued to the citizens of Hungary, citizens of other countries and persons without citizenship for an entry into the Russian Federation for business purposes (seminars, conferences, meetings with business partners, negotiations).
It is issued based on an invitation issued by the Federal Migration service (Russian FMS), the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the Russian Federation (Russian MFA) or based on a written request from an organization*.
It can be single- or double-entry valid for up to 90 days, or multiple-entry valid for up to 1 year (except if otherwise provided in an international agreement of the Russian Federation).
Please note! The period of stay in the Russian Federation with an ordinary multiple-entry business visa may not exceed 90 days for each 180 days period.
Please note! A medical insurance policy must contain:
- a contract date;
- a policy number
- first name, last name and father’s name of a policy holder;
- details of the insurer;
- a policy must be valid during the whole stay in the Russian Federation in case of a single- or double-entry visa, and during the period of the first travel in case of a multiple-entry visa;
- a list of medical and medical transportation services including repatriation of remains;
- the coverage territory – the whole world or the Russian Federation; Europe, including Russia;
- a signature of the insurer.
Insurance policies, letters of confirmation from insurance organizations not containing the above-mentioned information, set forms with stamps of insurance companies and other insurance documents not fulfilling the indicated requirements are not considered.
In order to obtain a multiple-entry visa valid for a year or more, an applicant must submit a medical insurance policy valid for the duration of entry/entries into the Russian Federation. In addition, the applicant must be notified that this kind of a policy is obligatory during all subsequent travels into Russia. The absence of a policy may serve as grounds for the imposition of administrative sanctions and denying an entry into the Russian Federation.
*A written request. This document must be issued on an official letterhead with full details of the host organization; it also must contain the following information:
a). for an invitee: first name, last name, date of birth, gender, citizenship, a number of an identification document, the duration and purpose of travel, the number of entries, the itinerary;
b). for a host legal entity (a company, an organization): the long title of the legal entity, the address, a taxpayer identification number, a registration number, the name and the position of a person who signed the request, a company seal;
In order to apply for a common single-, double- or multiple-entry business visa one must submit:
- The invitation for an entry into the Russian Federation, issued by the Federal migration service of the Russian Federation; Or
- The Russian Federation Ministry of Foreign Affairs decision to issue a visa; Or
- A written request of a host organization or institution;
- A passport with no less than 2 empty pages for visas, valid for 6 months from the visa expiry date;
- A visa application form filled in on the website visa.kdmid.ru, printed and signed personally by the applicant;
(When choosing the location where you will be applying for your visa, it is necessary to indicate the Visa Office, where you are planning to submit the documents).
The Russian Visa center can complete a visa application on your behalf.
- A colour photography 3.5x4.5 cm with a light background with a clear frontal view of the full face without tinted glasses or a headwear (except for the persons who in accordance with their nationality or religious beliefs are depicted with a headwear on their passport photography). At the Russian visa center in Budapest you may ask for the additional service “Express Photo”;
- A medical insurance policy valid on the territory of the Russian Federation and during the validity of the visa, except for the mutual insurance cases.
Please note! A consular institution reserves a right to request additional documents for a visa application, invite for an interview or extend the duration of a visa processing.
The consular and the service fee may be paid in the Visa Office.
Please note! If you are not a citizen of Hungary, you must also submit:
1. A permit for a continuous stay in Hungary for more than 90 days for citizens of the following countries: Albania, Bahrain, Egypt, Equatorial Guinea, Haiti, Ireland, Japan, Lesotho, Libya, Macedonia, Mali, Mexico, New Zealand, Oman, Republic of Korea, Republic of South Africa, Saudi Arabia, Sierra Leone, United Arab Emirates, United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland, Venezuela.
Depending on the national legislation the following documents may serve as a confirmation of a continuous stay for more than 90 days in Hungary: a student or a work visa, a working permit, a temporary residence permit, and a temporary resident card.
2. A Hungary Permanent Resident Card or another equivalent document for citizens of the following countries: Afghanistan, Algeria, Angola, Bangladesh, Chad, China, DPRK, Ethiopia, Georgia, India, Iran, Iraq, Nepal, Nigeria, Pakistan, Rwanda, Somalia, Sri Lanka, Syria, Vietnam.
Fees and time schedules
For the citizens of Hungary and European Union
|Processing Wait Time||Consular Fee||Service Fee||Total (incl. VAT)||Additional Services|
|Single, double or multiple entry visa||Delivery
by courier *
|4-10 business days||11025 HUF||8000 HUF||19025 HUF||+5000 HUF|
|1-3 business days||22050 HUF||8000 HUF||30050 HUF||+5000 HUF|
*For detailed information and courier delivery terms and conditions click here
Visa processing times are set by the Russian Consulate and vary depending on the type of invitation. In certain cases, visa processing times may be altered at the discretion of the Consulate.
Please note! If you are a person without citizenship or you are not a citizen of Hungary or European Union, please specify the cost of your visa by contacting an operator of the call-centre.
The visa processing fees and time schedules for citizens of other countries and persons without citizenship are calculated according to the “Consular fees of the consular institutions of the Russian Federation”.
A transfer or a restoration of a visa regardless of citizenship
|Consular Fee||Service Fee||
|11025 HUF||8000 HUF||19025 HUF|
Please note! Before submitting the documents for a transfer or a restoration of a visa, please consult an operator of the call-centre regarding the procedure, the documents list and the period of a consideration.
To fill in an application form
To fill in an application form go to the website visa.kdmid.ru
Filling in the application form
In the Russian Visa Office you can use a service of having the application form filled in. A fee for the service is added to the service fee and is 1500 forints. One may request this service during the submission of the documents for the visa processing.
The Russian Visa Center offers its clients the following additional services:
Important to know!
- Requesting any of the aforementioned services does not affect the visa review time at the Consular level, and does not guarantee the approval of the visa.
- The cost of any selected services is in addition to the standard service fee.
- All aforementioned services are provided at the voluntary request of the applicant.
- Please familiarize yourself with all terms and conditions of the selected services prior to requesting them.