Important to know
Ordinary tourist visa is issued to the citizens of Hungary, citizens of other countries and persons without citizenship for a short-term stay in the country with a touristic purpose (visiting cultural events, excursions, familiarization with the sights), based on a tourist acceptance confirmation by the Russian touristic organization.
The maximum period of stay in the Russian Federation with a tourist visa is up to 30 days.
An entry for short-term business negotiations, participation in exhibitions, auctions, as well as for medical consults and tests is also permitted. In this case “target tourism” should be put in the field “purpose of travel” of the confirmation of acceptance of the foreign citizen, and a visa is issued for a number of days necessary for the planned events according to a time schedule indicated in a confirmation of residence (but no more than 30 days).
A single- or double-entry tourist visa to the Russian Federation may be issued.
A double-entry tourist visa is issued to a foreign citizen only if, according to the documents, during the stay in the Russian Federation a visit to neighbouring countries (near-abroad countries (CIS, Baltic countries)) or countries from which the return is to be made through the territory of the Russian Federation (for example China, Mongolia) is planned. In addition, the route must be indicated in a foreign citizen confirmation of acceptance issued by the host Russian organization.
Please note! A medical insurance policy must contain:
- a contract date;
- a policy number;
- first name, last name and father’s name of a policy holder;
- details of the insurer;
- a policy must be valid during the whole stay in the Russian Federation in case of a single- or double-entry visa, and during the period of the first travel in case of a multiple-entry visa;
- a list of medical and medical transportation services including repatriation of remains;
- the coverage territory – the whole world or the Russian Federation; Europe, including Russia;
- a signature of the insurer.
Insurance policies, letters of confirmation from insurance organizations not containing the above-mentioned information, set forms with stamps of insurance companies and other insurance documents not fulfilling the indicated requirements are not considered.
In order to apply for an ordinary single- or double-entry tourist visa one must submit:
- A confirmation of the tourist acceptance by the Russian touristic organization, the information on which is included in the Uniform Federal Register of Tour Operators;
- A passport with no less than 2 empty pages for visas, valid for 6 months from the visa expiry date;
- A visa application form filled in on the website visa.kdmid.ru, printed and signed personally by an applicant;
(When choosing a location where you will be applying for your visa it is necessary to indicate the Visa Office, where you are planning to submit your documents).
The Russian Visa center can complete a visa application on your behalf.
- A colour photography 3.5x4.5 cm with a light background with a clear frontal view of “a full face” without tinted glasses or any headwear (except for people who in accordance with their nationality or religious beliefs are depicted with a piece of headwear on their passport photography). At the Russian visa center in Budapest you may ask for the additional service “Express Photo”;
- A medical insurance policy valid in the territory of the Russian Federation and during the validity of a visa, except for the mutual insurance cases.
- Electronic confirmation or electronic round-trip tickets to Russia and back.
Please note! A consular institution reserves the right to request additional documents for a visa application, invite for an interview or extend the duration of a visa processing.
The consular and the service fee may be paid in the Visa Office.
Please note! If you are not a citizen of Hungary, you must also submit:
1. A permit for a continuous stay in Hungary for more than 90 days for citizens of the following countries: Albania, Bahrain, Egypt, Equatorial Guinea, Haiti, Ireland, Japan, Lesotho, Libya, Macedonia, Mali, Mexico, New Zealand, Oman, Republic of Korea, Republic of South Africa, Saudi Arabia, Sierra Leone, United Arab Emirates, United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland, Venezuela.
Depending on the national legislation the following documents may serve as a confirmation of a continuous stay for more than 90 days in Hungary: a student or a work visa, a working permit, a temporary residence permit, and a temporary resident card.
2. A Hungary Permanent Resident Card or another equivalent document for citizens of the following countries: Afghanistan, Algeria, Angola, Bangladesh, Chad, China, DPRK, Ethiopia, Georgia, India, Iran, Iraq, Nepal, Nigeria, Pakistan, Rwanda, Somalia, Sri Lanka, Syria, Vietnam.
Fees and time schedules
For the citizens of Hungary and European Union
|Processing Wait Time||Consular Fee||Service Fee||Total (incl. VAT)||Additional Services|
|Single entry or double entry visa||Delivery
by courier *
|4-10 business days||11025 HUF||8000 HUF||19025 HUF||+5000 HUF|
|1-3 business days||-||-||-||-|
*For detailed information and courier delivery terms and conditions click here
Please note! If you are a person without citizenship or you are not a citizen of Hungary or European Union, please specify the cost of your visa by contacting an operator of the call-centre.
The visa processing fees and time schedules for citizens of other countries and persons without citizenship are calculated according to the “Consular fees of the consular institutions of the Russian Federation”.
To fill in an application form
To fill in an application form go to the website visa.kdmid.ru
Filling in the application form
In the Russian Visa Office you can use a service of having the application form filled in. A fee for the service is added to the service fee and is 1500 forints. One may request this service during the submission of the documents for the visa processing.
The Russian Visa Center offers its clients the following additional services:
Important to know!
- Requesting any of the aforementioned services does not affect the visa review time at the Consular level, and does not guarantee the approval of the visa.
- The cost of any selected services is in addition to the standard service fee.
- All aforementioned services are provided at the voluntary request of the applicant.
- Please familiarize yourself with all terms and conditions of the selected services prior to requesting them.