Important to know
An ordinary single-entry transit visa is issued to the citizens of Hungary, citizens of other countries and persons without citizenship for an entry into the Russian Federation with a purpose of travelling in transit through the territory of the Russian Federation for a period up to 10 days (by road or railway) or for a period up to 3 days (by air) based on tickets valid for an exit from the Russian Federation, a visa allowing an entry into a neighbouring country according to the itinerary, a visa of a destination country or a passport of this country.
A transit visa is issued to a foreign citizen travelling thorough the territory of the Russian Federation by a private vehicle or a truck for a period necessary for a travel by a shortest route (but for no longer than 10 days). In this case the visa duration is calculated based on an average supposed daily mileage, which is 500 km.
The duration of a double-entry transit visa may not exceed one month. In case when a foreign citizen needs to travel through the Russian Federation to a third country and then return the same way through the Russian Federation in a period exceeding one month, it is necessary to obtain a single-entry transit visa, the second transit visa must be obtained in the Russian Consulate of a destination country.
A transit visa is not needed:
- in case of a non-stop air transport flight over the territory of the Russian Federation;
- in case of a change of planes in an airport of the Russian Federation with a transit area, providing a subsequent flight to a destination country is executed within 24 hours from the arrival date to the Russian Federation.
IMPORTANT! If you are planning to leave the transit area, a transit visa must be obtained!
Please note! After the Eurasian Economic Union Treaty came into force, all trips between the member-countries are considered to be domestic. Therefore, one must go through the border and passport control only in one of these countries. Due to this reason the passengers heading to the member countries with a transfer in Russia must obtain a transit visa.
Please note! A medical insurance policy must contain:
- a contract date;
- a policy number;
- first name, last name and father’s name of a policy holder;
- details of the insurer;
- a policy must be valid during the whole stay in the Russian Federation in case of a single- or double-entry visa, and during the period of the first travel in case of a multiple-entry visa;
- a list of medical and medical transportation services including repatriation of remains;
- the coverage territory – the whole world or the Russian Federation; Europe, including Russia;
- a signature of the insurer.
Insurance policies, letters of confirmation from insurance organizations not containing the above-mentioned information, set forms with stamps of insurance companies and other insurance documents not fulfilling the indicated requirements are not considered.
In order to apply for a single- or double-entry transit visa one must submit:
- The tickets valid for an entry and an exit from the Russian Federation.
- A visa allowing an entry to a neighbouring country according to the itinerary, a visa to a destination country, a passport of this country or a motivated request and the documents, confirming the necessity of a stop, except if otherwise provided in an international agreement. A visa is not required for citizens of the countries with a visa-free entry to a neighbouring country or a destination country in compliance with the existing agreements between them.
- A passport with no less than 2 empty pages for visas, valid for 6 months from the visa expiry date;
- A visa application form filled in on the website visa.kdmid.ru, printed and signed personally by the applicant;
(When choosing the location where you will be applying for your visa it is necessary to indicate the Visa Office, where you are planning to submit the documents).
The Russian Visa center can complete a visa application on your behalf.
- A colour photography 3.5x4.5 cm with a light background with a clear frontal view of the full face without tinted glasses or a headwear (except for the persons who in accordance with their nationality or religious beliefs are depicted with a headwear on their passport photography). At the Russian visa center in Budapest you may ask for the additional service “Express Photo”;
- A medical insurance policy valid on the territory of the Russian Federation and during the validity of the visa, except for the mutual insurance cases.
Please note! A consular institution reserves a right to request additional documents for a visa application, invite for an interview or extend the duration of a visa processing.
The consular and the service fee may be paid in the Visa Office.
Fees and time schedules
For the citizens of Hungary and European Union
|Processing Wait Time||Consular Fee||Service Fee||Total (incl. VAT)||Additional Services|
by courier *
|4-10 business days||11025 HUF||8000 HUF||19025 HUF||+5000 HUF|
|1-3 business days||22050 HUF||8000 HUF||30050 HUF||+5000 HUF|
*For detailed information and courier delivery terms and conditions click here
Please note! If you are a person without citizenship or you are not a citizen of Hungary or European Union, please specify the cost of your visa by contacting an operator of the call-centre.
The visa processing fees and time schedules for citizens of other countries and persons without citizenship are calculated according to the “Consular fees of the consular institutions of the Russian Federation”.
To fill in an application form
To fill in an application form go to the website visa.kdmid.ru
Filling in the application form
In the Russian Visa Office you can use a service of having the application form filled in. A fee for the service is added to the service fee and is 1500 forints. One may request this service during the submission of the documents for the visa processing.
The Russian Visa Center offers its clients the following additional services:
Important to know!
- Requesting any of the aforementioned services does not affect the visa review time at the Consular level, and does not guarantee the approval of the visa.
- The cost of any selected services is in addition to the standard service fee.
- All aforementioned services are provided at the voluntary request of the applicant.
- Please familiarize yourself with all terms and conditions of the selected services prior to requesting them.